1. I have learned to appreciate myself no matter what people feel towards me, because I notice each person you meet, has an expectation from you, thereby expecting you to behave in a way that will suit them, before you realize it, you are becoming someone else. I have learned to stand my ground to be who pleases God and myself because people’s standards of you usually stresses you up if you try to measure to it.
2. I have learned also to deliver every assignment given to me, not for the approval of whoever gave it to me but for my own integrity. When I do that I usually give my best because it’s just like me working for myself. If I do it to the approval of who gave it to me, I begin to measure the person standard of approval, so with that measurements, I might have a wrong perception of the person and deliver not so good results.
3. I experienced this year that trying to change people is the most stressful ordeal, rather change or adjust yourself and your changes will change them. Some of them maybe uncomfortable and move away, just let them go, because you don’t belong together, some will stay but they will try to change you back, stand your grounds because you have just outgrown their troubles, but those that love you will adjust to accommodate you no matter what but make sure every change in you is a positive change that makes you have peace within you. Being peaceful from your inside is what our world needs today.
4. I have learned how to deal with people who make me feel without them I can’t accomplish any task. I usually don’t stick to them alone because their ego may disappoint me one day, so am open to allowing everyone who has the ability to build my vision to be part of me.
5. As a business owner, I have learnt that I am the foundation for the failure and success of my business, so all productions must come from me, no more imports so that I will make bountiful profits that come from the works of my own hands because am sure my hands are blessed and my works are blessed. #ChrysoprasusNaturals
6. And I also learned that no matter how many times I have tried and failed, I can still try once again, so I just keep trying until I get it right.
7. And finally, when I have tried with my last strength to achieve and nothing is responding, I just let go of it, drop it with God and move on. This is how I overcome my greatest challenges. Just letting God take care of it so I can have peace.
Felicia Otop works as a producer in Radio Nigeria, Canaan City FM. She is a Christian Sociologist who is building the academic foundations between Christianity and Sociology, as she is a graduate of Sociology. She is also an astute business owner who deals on diverse merchandise. She is also a public speaker, a life coach, and a counselor. She is a mother of three outstanding children. She is married and loves counseling other marriages. She is an outstanding writer with a great theoretical master piece – www.sociologyofchristianmarriageandfamily.com. She loves adventures and likes dancing too. Above all, she loves God deeply.