Q1 SUBMISSIONS CLOSED
What is that important message you wish to share with other Africans and the world at large? We want to share and amplify that message!
Submissions will be accepted from
December 25, 2019 – January 25, 2020
CALL FOR Q1 CONTRIBUTORS
BlankPaperz is now accepting blog and article submissions for the first quarter of 2020.
BlankPaperz Media is a registered and award winning platform/community that supports and gives voice to youths, especially young writers and those interested in advocacy; young people using their writing, voices and social initiatives to address important social issues around them. Read more here.
Kindly note that only accepted submissions will be published on www.blankpaperz.com. Also, due to the high volume of entries and submissions, those with unsuccessful submissions might or might not be contacted―we don’t see why your submission won’t scale through. Nonetheless, those with successful entries will be contacted via email.
- BlankPaperz accepts articles and blog submissions that highlight and/or are centered around social issues.
- All submissions must be in prose format such as essays, opinion pieces, fiction, etc. Poems are not accepted.
- BlankPaperz covers a range of topics from personal stories about struggles to captivating memoirs about the corruption in countries, interviews of young African Changemakers, sad stories of rape, girls being outside school, the threatening life condition of Africans living abroad, unheard stories that need to be told, peace-building solutions and other important social issues.
- We don’t mind that your submission is captivating, engaging, funny, interesting, creative, educative, inspiring, motivating, creating awareness, informing the public, or changing minds and stereotypes. If your submission calls people to take a positive stance and action for social good, then the better.
- Simultaneous submissions are accepted.
- Again, submissions made MUST be tailored towards an important (even though unpopular) social issue or around an SDG.
IT’S IMPORTANT TO READ THIS BEFORE SUBMITTING. WE KNOW…
You’re super excited to get your voice out there but before getting ahead, here’s a helpful list of submissions we’re definitely not looking for. Please check this list and make sure your submission does not fall into any of these. Submissions that fall into any of these will be rejected.
- Do not submit your academic thesis.
- Do not submit religious articles.
- Do not submit poems.
- Do not submit posts shorter than 100 words and longer than 2,500 words.
- Do not submit images that you do not have the rights to use. Only use photos that belong to you. When making use of images from the internet, ensure you have the permission to use them and credit the owner.
- Do not submit racist, sexist, violent, defamatory, abusive, accusatory, tribalistic, xenophobic, profane or hateful articles about a group of persons, country, religion or movement.
- Avoid making generalisations in your submissions. Be sure of what you write. Always confirm your facts.
- No mass propaganda will be accepted for online publication.
- Edit your work properly. Check for punctuation, structural, tense and grammatical errors as submissions not properly edited will not be published.
- BlankPaperz will edit your submission only when necessary.
- Your submission must be your original work, written by you and NOT someone else.
Thank you for checking but we’ve closed all submissions for now. Check back soon and sign up for our Habari Newsletter below to check on the next opening dates.
Thank you for your interest. We look forward to reading your work and sharing it with the community as soon as the next submission dates are announced.